Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors

2012-11-29 08:01:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:58:23 -0500
On 2012-11-29 07:02, Silver Salonen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm backing up some servers with multiple Bacula directors.
>
> Although I've set "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10" in FD's
> configuration,

You also have to look at the SD and Dir 'maximum concurrent jobs'
settings as well.

> it seems that these multiple directors cannot run jobs
> concurrently - when one is waiting for a new volume or something, the
> other just keeps waiting.

It is not clear what you are doing.  Let's try a simple explanation.

You have an FD.  You have N Bacula Directors.  You want that FD to run
N jobs concurrently, each backing up to a different SD.

Is that description accurate?

> Anyone has a clue why is that?

Not yet.

--