Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 5.2.5 - Postgresql 9.1 - libpq.a - dir inserting attributes ??

2012-11-29 07:41:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.2.5 - Postgresql 9.1 - libpq.a - dir inserting attributes ??
From: Olivier Delestre <olivier.delestre AT univ-rouen DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:38:00 +0100
Hi,

I upgrade bacula 5.0.3 ( psql 8.4 ) to 5.2.5 ( psql 9.1 ) on ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.

I asked about :

1) The documentation of bacula that saying :
"If you configure the Batch Insert code in Bacula (attribute inserts are
10 times faster), you must be using a PostgreSQL that was built with
the --enable-thread-safety option, otherwise you will get
data corruption. Most major Linux distros have thread safety turned on, but
it is better to check.  One way is to see if the PostgreSQL library that
Bacula will be linked against references pthreads.  This can be done
with a command such as:
nm /usr/lib/libpq.a | grep pthread_mutex_lock "

But, no such file. What is its usefulness ?
i found it by installing postgresql-server-dev-9.1. Not installed from scratch install or upgrade...

I think the package bacula 5.2.5 is compiled with enable-batch-insert and postgresql 5.2.5 with enable-thread-safety ( obtain source package with apt-get source xxx )

2) else since the update, i have a client with a state of "dir inserting attribute" for 3 hours :(
This Client have 1,8 To and 16 Millions of files. An idea if something change since ??

No grant privileges on Tables restoreobject* , like this urls say ( http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net/msg51149.html )

everything works well apart this status "DIR inserting attribute" for one big client and libpq.a not installed. I'm a little worried.

Thank for any information.