Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors

2012-11-29 08:21:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs with multiple directors
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:18:41 +0200
On Thursday 29 November 2012 07:58:23 Dan Langille wrote:
> On 2012-11-29 07:02, Silver Salonen wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm backing up some servers with multiple Bacula directors.
> >
> > Although I've set "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10" in FD's
> > configuration,
>
> You also have to look at the SD and Dir 'maximum concurrent jobs'
> settings as well.

I have this kind of setup:

sd1<--dir1 -------> client1 <------- dir2-->sd2

At 23:05 dir1 contacts client1 and starts some job, backing up to sd1.
At 23:05 dir2 contacts client1 and starts some job, backing up to sd2.

As both directors and storages are separate, SD and DIR 'maximum concurrent
jobs'  settings don't matter here.
Anyhow, this setting on all these components is set to 99 :)

--
Silver