Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Use modify time, not access time

2012-11-16 03:54:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Use modify time, not access time
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:50:28 +0100
Zitat von Wouter van Marle <wouter AT squirrel-systems DOT com>:

> On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 15:46 +1100, Gary R, Schmidt wrote:
>> On 16.11.2012 13:52, Wouter van Marle wrote:
>> [SNIP]
>> > Result: yesterday I moved a big mail folder with subfolders, causing
>> > the
>> You *moved* a directory, and you are surprised that the files in it are
>> being backed up?
>
> Sorry I was incomplete.
> Files were accidentally moved, and subsequently moved back to the exact
> original location.
>
> Wouter.

 From the manual:

The File daemon (Client) decides which files to backup for an
Incremental backup by comparing start time of the prior Job (Full,
Differential, or Incremental) against the time each file was last
"modified" (st_mtime) and the time its attributes were last
"changed"(st_ctime). If the file was modified or its attributes
changed on or after this start time, it will then be backed up.

And as far as i understand
http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man2/stat.2.html
st_ctime is changed by changing inode information, which is used to
set the location in the directory tree. So i guess moving around a
directory indeed will include it in the next backup.

Regards

Andreas