Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy + Migrate to different ppols - was: Tape-to-tape copy job?

2012-11-15 15:17:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy + Migrate to different ppols - was: Tape-to-tape copy job?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:13:56 +0100
Dear Adrian,

In message <20121111165221.GA25305 AT r2d2.s.lihas DOT de> you wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 03:05:12PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > OK, the task is:
> > 1) Backup some jobs to pool DISK
> > 2) Copy these jobs from pool DISK to pool ARCHIVE
> > 3) Migrate the same jobs from pool DISK to pool TAPE
>
> I have the very same setup.
> My solution had been to write a job that replaces the NextPool
> statement and reloads bacula. I can give you the script.

Thnaks, but this appears to be quite fragile - it will break as soon
as two such jobs which need different settings happen to run
simultaneously for one reason or another.

> However, there seems to be a better solution, someone posted it on
> this list a few months ago:
> Use a dummy-Pool with the correct NextPool statement, select the jobs to
> be copied by e.g. jobid (I use an sql select there) and they will still
> be copied, even if they are in some other pool. The original post is at
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.bacula.devel/14084

Thanks.  This is the way to go, then.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
panic: kernel trap (ignored)