Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?

2012-11-15 15:15:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:10:56 +0100
Dear Dan,

In message <E806E459-054C-4FB7-88D2-142C35A4FD6B AT langille DOT org> you wrote:

> > I must be missing something very basic.  I can address both drives in
> > my autoloader directly.  But when using the autoloader device, it
> > always grabs device 0 only, like this:
> >
> > Storage server xxx - bacula-sd.conf:
> >
> > Autochanger {
> >  Name = Autochanger
> >  Device = LTO3-0
> >  Device = LTO3-1
> >  Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
>
> I would start by debugging this script: /usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer
>
> Make sure it is passing the correct values to the robot.

This works like a charm.  When I use the single drives directly (i. e.
through the names "LTO3-0" resp. "LTO3-1", I can see that the last
argument (%d) receives the correct drive index, and this does exactly
what it is supposed to do.

However, no matter what I enter at the prompt "Enter autochanger
drive[0]:", the director will always send a command to access drive
index 0.

> FYI here is what I wrote up about debugging mtx-changer.

Thanks, but this is not a mtx-changer problem - that part works.

It's some problem with the director (or more likely with it's
configuration) that causes it to always use drive index 0 only.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
GUIs  are  virtually  useless.  Learn  tools.  They're  configurable,
scriptable, automatable, cron-able, interoperable, etc. We don't need
no brain-dead winslurping monolithic claptrap.
                               -- Tom Christiansen in 371140df@csnews