Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape-to-tape copy job?

2012-11-10 07:30:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape-to-tape copy job?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:25:49 +0100
Dear Dan,

thanks a lot for your reply.

In message <BB43BB6A-CD8A-41CD-B7C5-99F9FAE1E5E0 AT langille DOT org> you wrote:

> I can show you what I did with backup to disk, then copy to tape.
>
> Copy from tape to tape is just repeating again.
>
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/bacula-disk-to-tape.php
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/bacula-disk-to-tape-via-sql.php

Thanks, that was really helpful.

> > - Pool / Next Pool settings: I can define a "TEMP" pool for the
> >  temporary disk copies, but I'd like to have both the old, original
> >  backups and their copies on the new media in the same (archive)
> >  pool.  How would I use this with "Next Pool"?
>
> Next Pool indicates the pool that the jobs should be copied to. The
> originals remain.

Can I overwrite thissetting, for example in the Job definition?

The setup I'm targeting for now is this:

1) Backup to disk
2) in somewhat larger intervals, copy the jobs to tape (for off-site
   archival)
3) in somewhat shorter intervals, migrate the jobs to tape (for
   regular storage)

For this to work, the pool for the jobs on disk would need two
separate "next pool" seetings - one for the regular migration to tape,
and another for for copying to the archive tapes.

Can this be done?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
Systems programmers are the high priests of a low cult.
                                                       -- R.S. Barton