Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] brestore vs version browser

2011-12-13 08:41:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] brestore vs version browser
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:40:10 +0200
On 13.12.2011 15:24, Eric Bollengier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 13/12/2011 13:54, Silver Salonen wrote:
>> Yes, I can see the list of jobs, but the list is of all the individual
>> jobs (incremental, differential etc.), not a logical set of all jobs
>> configured for the FD. And the problem is that although I know which job
>> has the file/folder, I don't know in which job instance it was backed up.
> Normally, it's more a time view, you choose a date, and it displays all
> files that were available at this date. (the idea was to merge all
> fileset into a single view, it's what is implemented in the perl
> version, but it's not yet in the QT version)
>
>> Without selecting anything, the default is "Job list for myfd" - how can
>> I now browse anything? Clicking on both "File Filter"'s refresh-button
>> or "Current Directory" button gives an error "Can't find jobid, pathid
>> or path argument".
> If you don't pick a job (or a date), you can't browse files... It sounds
> me obvious. We should maybe add a blink pointer or disable all other items.
>
> Bye
OK, that's what I suspected. So the bRestore has not the same
functionality as Version Browser. Because in Version Browser I could
select a job, browse through ALL files and find out on which date any
file is available for.

Could the Version Browser be brought back or re-enabled in a custom
build somehow?

--
Silver