Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] brestore vs version browser

2011-12-13 05:52:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] brestore vs version browser
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:51:02 +0100
Hello,

On 13/12/2011 11:30, Silver Salonen wrote:
> I'm just taking a look at new Bat (5.2.2) and I can't figure how to
> process out my most common use-case of Version Browser in bRestore.
>
> Let's say a user messed up a file and asked me which versions of the
> file are available in backups.
>
> In Version Browser I checked it this way:
>     1) Select FD
>     2) Select FD's job and click Refresh (or whatever that button was)
>     3) Browse to the according folder
>     4) Select the file and check versions
>     5) Restore some specific version of the file
>
> Maybe someone will give me guidelines how to do it in bRestore (release
> notes state that it has the same functionality as Version Browser)?

The procedure should be something like:
      1) Select FD
      2) Select FD's job (all relevant jobs are selected automatically)
      3) Browse to the according folder
      4) Drag & Drop your file selection (from file list or version
list) to the restore area
      5) Click on Restore and choose options such as where, client, ...
      6) Click done

Some users reported blank screen during the selection, at this time it
looks to be a configuration issue with mysql/postgresql, but I'm not
able to reproduce this kind of problem, so if you have them, look at
your database error log, bacula's error log, turn debug to 50 during
your bRestore test and look at traces to see if something is wrong.

This is also possible to use dot commands without bat to see if the
problem is in bat or bacula/bvfs.

Bye

--
Need professional help and support for Bacula ?
Visit http://www.baculasystems.com