Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] brestore vs version browser

2011-12-13 07:57:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] brestore vs version browser
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:54:56 +0200
On 13.12.2011 12:51, Eric Bollengier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 13/12/2011 11:30, Silver Salonen wrote:
>> I'm just taking a look at new Bat (5.2.2) and I can't figure how to
>> process out my most common use-case of Version Browser in bRestore.
>>
>> Let's say a user messed up a file and asked me which versions of the
>> file are available in backups.
>>
>> In Version Browser I checked it this way:
>>      1) Select FD
>>      2) Select FD's job and click Refresh (or whatever that button was)
>>      3) Browse to the according folder
>>      4) Select the file and check versions
>>      5) Restore some specific version of the file
>>
>> Maybe someone will give me guidelines how to do it in bRestore (release
>> notes state that it has the same functionality as Version Browser)?
>>
> The procedure should be something like:
>        1) Select FD
>        2) Select FD's job (all relevant jobs are selected automatically)
>        3) Browse to the according folder
>        4) Drag&  Drop your file selection (from file list or version
> list) to the restore area
>        5) Click on Restore and choose options such as where, client, ...
>        6) Click done
>
> Some users reported blank screen during the selection, at this time it
> looks to be a configuration issue with mysql/postgresql, but I'm not
> able to reproduce this kind of problem, so if you have them, look at
> your database error log, bacula's error log, turn debug to 50 during
> your bRestore test and look at traces to see if something is wrong.
>
> This is also possible to use dot commands without bat to see if the
> problem is in bat or bacula/bvfs.
>
> Bye

Yes, I can see the list of jobs, but the list is of all the individual
jobs (incremental, differential etc.), not a logical set of all jobs
configured for the FD. And the problem is that although I know which job
has the file/folder, I don't know in which job instance it was backed up.

Without selecting anything, the default is "Job list for myfd" - how can
I now browse anything? Clicking on both "File Filter"'s refresh-button
or "Current Directory" button gives an error "Can't find jobid, pathid
or path argument".

--
Silver