Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Speeding up pruning

2011-04-04 17:54:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Speeding up pruning
From: Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:51:24 +0100
Hi,
I'm using bacula 5.0.3 on ubuntu 9.04.

I want to know if its possible to find the sql query (or whatever is
used) that bacula runs when it needs to prune and recycle a volume.

I would like this to run once a night, for each of my disk pools (say
via a runscript), to prune them once their retention period has
expired, rather than waiting until it can't create a new one.

I would then like to invoke the truncate command to recover the disk
space occupied by the just pruned disk volumes.

I've been trying to write my own sql statement, but i'm struggling.

Thanks,
Dermot.