Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Speeding up pruning

2011-04-04 23:20:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Speeding up pruning
From: Dylan Vanderhoof <DylanV AT semaphore DOT com>
To: "dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie" <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 19:42:54 -0700
Why not run a manual prune command via cron and bconsole for night maint rather
than hitting the DB directly?

I ran into issues where my tapes weren't getting cycled as fast as I'd like, so
basically did what you are talking about via bconsole/cron and it seems to have
solved the problem.

-Dylan Vanderhoof
Sr. Network Engineer
Semaphore Corporation