Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Want to contribute to Bacula?

2010-08-20 19:53:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Want to contribute to Bacula?
From: Richard Mortimer <richm AT oldelvet.org DOT uk>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:51:05 +0100
On 20/08/2010 00:56, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 8/19/2010 11:29 AM, Richard Mortimer wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> On 17/08/2010 23:41, Dan Langille wrote:
>>> Would you like to contribute to Bacula? The easiest way is running
>>> regression testing. Run the tests on a daily basis and submit them to
>>> the regression database.
>>>
>> I'll run tests on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) because I've got a suitable
>> installation available here. I had a quick try at following the
>> instructions but it didn't work. It is probably a setup problem on my
>> part so I'll try again tonight and will follow up on bacula-devel if I
>> still have problems.
>
> I recommend following up here rather than devel.

I've got sqlite3 working and uploading results to the experimental area.
This worked ok first time.

I tried mysql yesterday (that's what I use for my own backups) and most
tests seem to fail with that. I suspect it is some database problem
because the setup scripts do not seem to be passed the username/password
from the regression test configuration. I'll have a look at what is
wrong when I get a few minutes over the next couple of days.

Regards

Richard