Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Want to contribute to Bacula?

2010-08-23 15:18:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Want to contribute to Bacula?
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:16:51 +0200
On 08/23/2010 09:05 PM, Richard Mortimer wrote:

> On 21/08/2010 00:51, Richard Mortimer wrote:

>>> I recommend following up here rather than devel.
>>>

>> I've got sqlite3 working and uploading results to the experimental area.
>> This worked ok first time.
>>
>> I tried mysql yesterday (that's what I use for my own backups) and most
>> tests seem to fail with that. I suspect it is some database problem
>> because the setup scripts do not seem to be passed the username/password
>> from the regression test configuration. I'll have a look at what is
>> wrong when I get a few minutes over the next couple of days.
>>
> Ok as I suspected it is the database setup/cleanup scripts that are failing.
> Nothing is passing the username/password
> credentials to the appropriate scripts. I suspect it would work for a user
> regress with database regress and no db password.
>
> In any case I have got it to work by dropping the mysql credentials into a
> file named regressmysql.cnf in the toplevel regress
> directory and then adding --defaults-file=${cwd}/regressmysql.cnf to the
> commands that cleanup/tear down the database. I've
> attached my current changes as a patch file but I'm sure that they need some
> work to make it suitable for committing to the git
> repo.
>
> The regressmysql.cnf file is currently hand generated and contains
>
> regress@royalcounty:~/bacula/regress$ cat regressmysql.cnf
> [client]
> host     = localhost
> user     = regress
> password = passwordgoeshere
>
> Regards
>
> Richard
>

>> Regards
>>
>> Richard

Richard, why not using the expect db auth file format
like a ~regress/.my.cnf or/and regress/.pgpass with exactly the waiting auth
scheme by db.

I think there's no need to patch if you prepare a convenient and complete db
setup for your regress user
(same apply to normal bacula)

--

Bruno Friedmann  bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch