Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SQL problem [was: Re: Catalog to accompany job tape sets]

2010-08-20 19:28:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SQL problem [was: Re: Catalog to accompany job tape sets]
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:25:21 +0100
On 20/08/10, Martin Simmons (martin AT lispworks DOT com) wrote:
> > This shows that each backup starts from 1 (0 for one of them?!), so there
> > is no
> > direct relationship between the jobmedia and file tables. Correct?
>
> No, you are still using the wrong columns.  It should be min(fileindex),
> max(fileindex) in the first query.

Oh -- my apologies for the foolish error, Martin. Thanks for pointing
that out to me. I'm much obliged. My query now works.

For anyone who might be googling this, here is a postgres query that
will show you the tape on which a particular file is stored:

   SELECT j.jobid, j.name AS jobname, jmlj.volumename, jmlj.slot, p.path,
fn.name AS filename, f.md5
   FROM job j, filename fn, path p, file f
   LEFT JOIN ( SELECT jj.jobid, jj.mediaid, m.volumename, m.slot,
jj.firstindex, jj.lastindex
           FROM jobmedia jj, media m
          WHERE jj.mediaid = m.mediaid
          ) jmlj ON jmlj.jobid = f.jobid AND f.fileindex >= jmlj.firstindex AND
f.fileindex <= jmlj.lastindex
  WHERE j.jobid = 9 AND j.jobid = f.jobid AND f.pathid = p.pathid AND
f.filenameid = fn.filenameid
  ORDER BY f.fileid;

--
Rory Campbell-Lange