Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Want to contribute to Bacula?

2010-08-23 15:08:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Want to contribute to Bacula?
From: Richard Mortimer <richm AT oldelvet.org DOT uk>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:05:13 +0100

On 21/08/2010 00:51, Richard Mortimer wrote:
On 20/08/2010 00:56, Dan Langille wrote:
On 8/19/2010 11:29 AM, Richard Mortimer wrote:
Hi Dan,

On 17/08/2010 23:41, Dan Langille wrote:
Would you like to contribute to Bacula? The easiest way is running
regression testing. Run the tests on a daily basis and submit them to
the regression database.

I'll run tests on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) because I've got a suitable
installation available here. I had a quick try at following the
instructions but it didn't work. It is probably a setup problem on my
part so I'll try again tonight and will follow up on bacula-devel if I
still have problems.

I recommend following up here rather than devel.

I've got sqlite3 working and uploading results to the experimental area.
This worked ok first time.

I tried mysql yesterday (that's what I use for my own backups) and most
tests seem to fail with that. I suspect it is some database problem
because the setup scripts do not seem to be passed the username/password
from the regression test configuration. I'll have a look at what is
wrong when I get a few minutes over the next couple of days.

Ok as I suspected it is the database setup/cleanup scripts that are failing. Nothing is passing the username/password credentials to the appropriate scripts. I suspect it would work for a user regress with database regress and no db password.

In any case I have got it to work by dropping the mysql credentials into a file named regressmysql.cnf in the toplevel regress directory and then adding --defaults-file=${cwd}/regressmysql.cnf to the commands that cleanup/tear down the database. I've attached my current changes as a patch file but I'm sure that they need some work to make it suitable for committing to the git repo.

The regressmysql.cnf file is currently hand generated and contains

regress@royalcounty:~/bacula/regress$ cat regressmysql.cnf
[client]
host     = localhost
user     = regress