Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Compression

2009-07-20 07:56:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Compression
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:41:36 +0100

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
>
> > > Another useful feature might be a wildcard "excludefromcompression"
> > > directive so you could say:
>
> > > This might avoid wasting time trying to compress the unccompressible while
> > > gaining the compression ratio on those files which gain from it?
> >
> > Wouah, that would be nice, is this already working with recent bacula
> > version ?
>
> Not that I've heard of.  I was just thinking out loud.

You can do it already using multiple Options clauses:

    Options {
      # Files that we don't want to compress.
      signature = MD5
      wild = *.gz
      wild = *.Z
      wild = *.mp3
    }
    Options {
      # Default clause to compress all other files
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP
    }

Remember to put all other options (such as signature) into both clauses.

__Martin