Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup catalog fail?

2009-07-03 12:28:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup catalog fail?
From: ginzzer <ginzzer AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:14:40 -0500
I check that, no /var/bacula directory. But I also check
make_catalog_backup, seems that it will produced a sql naming with the
database instead of bacula.sql, I change the corresponding option in the
configuration file and it seems work fine now. So am I doing it right?

on 2/7/2009 5:20:03, Kevin Keane <subscription AT kkeane DOT com> wrote:
Re: [Bacula-users] backup catalog fail?
> bacula.sql is the file that make_catalog_backup should create.
> Apparently, that script failed for some reason, or it put the backup
> file somewhere else.
>
> The bacula catalog is stored in a mysql database. The most common way to
> back up databases is in two steps. First, dump the database into a file
> with the .sql extension, and then have bacula back up that file.
>
> make_catalog_backup is supposed to do the first part. The error message
> indicates that bacula can't find the file that make_catalog_backup created.
>
> Hint: maybe it is actually in /var/bacula/working (without the /opt/bacula?)
>
> ginzzer wrote:
> > I have installed the lastest bacula to CentOS5 with mysql installed. I
> > have no problem to backup / (root) to the tape. But after that, it start
> > to backup the catalog  automaticall and it returns the following error
> >
> > 02-Jul 01:50 ad-dir JobId 18: shell command: run BeforeJob
> > "/opt/bacula/etc/make_catalog_backup adDB adbu"
> > 02-Jul 01:50 ad-dir JobId 18: Start Backup JobId 18,
> > Job=BackupCatalog.2009-07-02_01.00.00_04
> > 02-Jul 01:50 ad-dir JobId 18: Using Device "my-tape"
> > 02-Jul 01:50 localhost-fd JobId 18:      Could not stat
> > "/opt/bacula/var/bacula/working/bacula.sql": ERR=No such file or directory
> >
> > What is bacula.sql? How to create that?

> --
> Kevin Keane
> Owner
> The NetTech
> Find the Uncommon: Expert Solutions for a Network You Never Have to Think
> About
>
> Office: 866-642-7116
> http://www.4nettech.com
>
> This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
> proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
> disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein
> is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you
> have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
> immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or
> attachments thereof.

ginzzer <ginzzer AT gmail DOT com >