Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup catalog fail?

2009-07-03 07:46:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup catalog fail?
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 03:20:03 -0700
bacula.sql is the file that make_catalog_backup should create.
Apparently, that script failed for some reason, or it put the backup
file somewhere else.

The bacula catalog is stored in a mysql database. The most common way to
back up databases is in two steps. First, dump the database into a file
with the .sql extension, and then have bacula back up that file.

make_catalog_backup is supposed to do the first part. The error message
indicates that bacula can't find the file that make_catalog_backup created.

Hint: maybe it is actually in /var/bacula/working (without the /opt/bacula?)

ginzzer wrote:
> I have installed the lastest bacula to CentOS5 with mysql installed. I
> have no problem to backup / (root) to the tape. But after that, it start
> to backup the catalog  automaticall and it returns the following error
>
> 02-Jul 01:50 ad-dir JobId 18: shell command: run BeforeJob
> "/opt/bacula/etc/make_catalog_backup adDB adbu"
> 02-Jul 01:50 ad-dir JobId 18: Start Backup JobId 18,
> Job=BackupCatalog.2009-07-02_01.00.00_04
> 02-Jul 01:50 ad-dir JobId 18: Using Device "my-tape"
> 02-Jul 01:50 localhost-fd JobId 18:      Could not stat
> "/opt/bacula/var/bacula/working/bacula.sql": ERR=No such file or directory
>
> What is bacula.sql? How to create that?

Kevin Keane
Owner
The NetTech
Find the Uncommon: Expert Solutions for a Network You Never Have to Think About

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.