Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What no connection to the server?

2009-07-01 05:25:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What no connection to the server?
From: francisco javier funes nieto <esencia AT gmail DOT com>
To: ginzzer <ginzzer AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:20:41 +0200
Bacula from sources? Which version? What plataform/distro?

Have you created the db, the tables and grant the privileges to the user?

Is the mysql daemon running?

J.

2009/7/1 ginzzer <ginzzer AT gmail DOT com>:
> I have installed the latest verion of bacula. I install everything
> including mysql as mentioned in the document. For the first time when I
> start to test all conf, I got something like
>
> ( I first run  /etc/init.d/mysqld start )
>
> bacula-dir -t -c bacula-dir.conf
>  Fatal error: Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
>  Fatal error: mysql.c:188 Unable to connect to MySQL server.
>
> so I stop mysqld and then run startmysql which is included in the bacula,
> and everything seems fine.
>
> I wonder how to add this to the system such that it runs automatically
> everytime I reboot the system?
>
> And after the mysql is started, I check all conf files according to the
> document, they are all right! When I start the bacula by running, it
> shows
>
> Starting the Bacula Storage daemon
> Starting the Bacula File daemon
> Starting the Bacula Director daemon
>
> however, when I run bconsole, failure happen
>
> Connecting to Director localhost:9101
> 01-Jul 01:52 bconsole JobId 0: Fatal error: bsock.c:135
>
> What's going on? I have the firewall turned off so I don't think using
> 9101 is a problem, right? But I try telnet 127.0.0.1 9101, it report:
> unable to connect remote host ...
>
> What's goning on? How to fix it?
>
> Thanks.

Francisco Javier Funes Nieto [esencia AT gmail DOT com]
CANONIGOS
Servicios Informáticos para PYMES.
Cl. Cruz 2, 1º Oficina 7
Tlf: 958.536759 / 661134556