Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What no connection to the server?

2009-07-01 12:05:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What no connection to the server?
From: ginzzer <ginzzer AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:56:56 -0500
It seems that the bacula is not running in the background. I try to 'ps'
but didn't found the daemon, I also try to run 'bacula status', returns

bacula-sd dead but pid file exists
bacula-fd dead but pid file exists
bacula-dir dead but pid file exists

Weird!

In the document of bacula, it read: "Assuming you have built from source
or have installed the rpms, to start the three daemons, from your
installation directory, simply enter: ./bacula start "

But it didn't work. I check the coeof bacula, seems that it will run
bacula-dir, bacula-sd and bacula-fd separately with 'start' parameter,
but I don't see any of them accept start as parameter???

Anyway, now I can run all of these daemon by running

/opt/bacula/etc/bacula-dir
/opt/bacula/etc/bacula-sd
/opt/bacula/etc/bacula-fd

My question is: how to put them to init.d and make  they run
automatically after reboot?

on 1/7/2009 10:23:46, Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch> wrote:
Re: [Bacula-users] What no connection to the server?
> What about a simple mysql -h localhost -u bacula -p bacula
> give the mysql bacula user if prompted.
>

> francisco javier funes nieto wrote:
> > Bacula from sources? Which version? What plataform/distro?
> >
> > Have you created the db, the tables and grant the privileges to the user?
> >
> > Is the mysql daemon running?
> >

> > J.

ginzzer <ginzzer AT gmail DOT com >