Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem with Bat and OpenSuse 11.1 (RPM)

2009-05-14 19:44:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem with Bat and OpenSuse 11.1 (RPM)
From: Ulrich Walter <uw.forum.bacula AT arcor DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 01:38:13 +0200
Hello,

I've just installed the RPM-Packages from the Bacula Download-Repositories
(bacula-mysql and bacula-bat both version 3.0.1-1) for OpenSuse 11.1.
I've edited the bat.conf with the same parameters as in the version 2.4.3 I am
using on my laptop and like it has worked on the old machine where the same
version 2.4.3 of bacula was installed.

The old version of bat on my laptop works fine with the new bacula on my
workstation.

Now the problem:

The old bacula-bat is a binary that works "out-of-the-box".
The new one brings me a message by starting on the CLI:

/usr/sbin/bat: error: `/usr/sbin/.libs/bat' does not exist
This script is just a wrapper for bat.
See the libtool documentation for more information.

I've installed the libtools from the OpenSuse-Repositories but it doesn't
work.
In my directory /usr/sbin/ the file .libs doesn't exist.

Now the questions:
What's the way to make the new version of bacula run on my workstation?
Does anybody has a source to download a final RPM-Package that
works "out-of-the-box" too?

--
Niemand käme auf die Idee, Tinte mit Tinte abzuwaschen
nur Blut soll immer wieder mit Blut abgewaschen werden.

Grüsse aussem Pott! - Uli