Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring from tapes notin library

2009-05-14 22:34:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring from tapes notin library
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Christopher Dick <jcdick1 AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:00:24 -0400
> I issued a second "update slots" command (and a third, actually), but it is
> still not showing the needed volume listed in slot 20 - the mailslot.  When
> it says "Issuing Autochanger 'list' command," it only outputs the catalog
> record for 19 slots and their resident volumes.

Okay that is not the issue I have with my changer then. Did the
mailslot ever work with bacula? If not you probably need to customize
your mtx-changer script to match the output of your mailslot. You may
want to search the archives for your model perhaps someone already
solved that and posted an updated mtx-changer script. For my changer
Exabyte Magnum 224 I required a slight modification of that script as
well. Basically if the output of mtx -f status does not fit what the
script expects you have to use sed to rewrite the output.

John