Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Unicode cyrillics is not properly displayed in GUI console a

2009-05-14 18:07:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Unicode cyrillics is not properly displayed in GUI console a
From: ddemidov <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:46:08 -0400

Anonymous wrote:
> [...]
> ;&0001031
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1031>;\&0001056<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>
> ;&1114;&0001056
>
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>;&1109;&0001056<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>;&1105;
> &0001056
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>;&1169;&0001056<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>
> ;&1109;&0001056
>
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>;&1108;&0001057<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1057>
> ;&1107;&0001056
>
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>;&1112;&0001056<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>
> ;µ&0001056
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>;&0001029<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1029>
> ;&0001057
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1057>;â??&0001057<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1057>
> ;â?¹\E/&0001056
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>;"&0001056<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>
> ;µ&0001056
> <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1056>;&0001029<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1029>
> ;&0001057 <http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1057>;â?¹/FABP2/: ERR=No such
> file or directory
>
> (many similar messages).
> When insterted here, the kind of a problem is not clearly visible.
>
> here is the piece from the log:
> http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/717/wxvt9.png
>
> 1) wx-console does not support Unicode (UTF8?) with cyrillics, substituting
> it with two one-byte symbols.
>
> 2) It seems z-fd also does not support cyrillics well to set permissions
> properly.
>
> Config files are in UFT8.
>
> Additional info:
>
> - What OS is your Director server running on?
> All the software runs on WinXP SP2 Rus.
>
> - What database engine are you using?
> SQLite, built-in.
>
> - What is your LANG environment variable?
> Isn't set at all, as I understood, it available only for Unix OSes.
>
> - Were all your conf files created in UTF-8 with the correct LANG setting?
> I saved them in UTF8. What does it mean, create file with correct LANG
> setting? If I wouldn't saved config files properly, Bacula would not backed
> up (and restored) my files correcly. But it DID correctly back up and
> restore. The only problem is the impossibility then to set permission and
> incorrect log lines appearence in WX-console.
> I tried to save not in UTF8, Bacula refuses to find cyrillic catalog to back
> it up. It's OK. When in UTF8, it backups it well.
>
> - Please upload your conf files.
> I may, but there is nothing special, just basic conf.
>
> - On what machine are you restoring the Win32 files? It appears you are
> trying to restore them to a Unix
>
> FD, SD, DIR & Console are running on the same maching on WinXP SP2 Rus.

I download bacula (3.0.1 (28 April 2009) Linux Cross-compile Win32) and install
it.

But i have same problem with cyrilic file and folder name in restore console
(GUI & Text)

Who know how to fix it? How to see cyrilic char in restore mode?

Restore process complete right, but it is unusefull.

Screen shots:

Source:

In Console:

Result of restore: