Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mixed Drives

2009-01-26 14:41:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mixed Drives
From: "Robert LeBlanc" <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:38:58 -0700
> => > This is something I raised at least 2-3 years ago. There's been
no
> => > apparent interest in solving the issue and likely won't be until
> one of
> => > the developers encounters the problem.
>
> I'd like to see that supported, but it's not critical...and there are
> probably
> a huge number of vendor-specific corner cases.

What I like about what I specified in my earlier e-mail is that the user
determines which compatibility they want. If they only want to read a
previous gen tape, even though the drive could write to it, they can
specify that. That would prevent having to code some nasty stuff to
cover all the corner cases.

Robert LeBlanc
College of Life Sciences Computer Support
Brigham Young University
(801) 422-1882
leblanc AT byu DOT edu