Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape

2008-05-30 14:28:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape
From: Mark Nienberg <gmane AT tippingmar DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:27:51 -0700
Maria McKinley wrote:

> here is what I have in my
> bacula-sd.conf:
>
> Autochanger {
>    Name = Exabyte
>    Device = Drive-1
>    Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
> #  Changer Device = /dev/sg0
>    Changer Device = /dev/sg1
> }
>
> Device {
>    Name = Drive-1
>    Drive Index = 0
>    Media Type = VXA-2
>    Archive Device = /dev/st0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I use /dev/nst0 here

>    LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>    Random Access = Yes;

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think Random Access must be No for a tape drive.

>    AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>    RemovableMedia = yes;
>    AlwaysOpen = yes;
>    Autochanger = yes;
>    Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"

Although your problem does not appear to be a timeout issue, consider adding:

# following all default to 5min (300sec)
   Maximum Open Wait = 1800;
   Maximum Changer Wait = 1800;   #give mtx-changer time to load and come READY
   Maximum Rewind Wait = 900;     #I'd rather wait than get a timeout

> }

Mark