Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape

2008-05-29 14:02:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape
From: Maria McKinley <maria AT shadlen DOT org>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:01:52 -0700
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Mark Nienberg <gmane AT tippingmar DOT com>
wrote:

 > > This happens to me sometimes too, even when it is not a scratch
tape.  If I use
 > > bconsole to do a umount, followed by a mount, the tape will be
recognized on the
 > > second try and the backup will continue.

For me when the few times that has happened with my Exabyte Magnum224
all that was needed was to issue a mount on the drive. And yes I do
mean drive I have both drives and the autochanger defined in my
bacula-dir.conf so all 3 show up as storage devices.

John

Oops, meant to include this with last email. When I mount, I am mounting
the drive, at least that is what it looks like to me.

*mount
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
Automatically selected Storage: Exabyte
3001 Device "Drive-1" (/dev/st0) is mounted with Volume "G0000003"

cheers,
maria