Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape

2008-05-29 13:58:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape
From: Maria McKinley <maria AT shadlen DOT org>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:57:47 -0700
John Drescher wrote:

 > > all that was needed was to issue a mount on the drive. And yes I do
 > > mean drive I have both drives and the autochanger defined in my
 > > bacula-dir.conf so all 3 show up as storage devices.

Does your definition of the drive in bacula-dir.conf refer to the same
device in
bacula-sd.conf that the autochanger uses or do you have to make another
Device{}
definition in bacula-sd.conf without the "Autochanger=yes" line in it?

Mark

Not sure exactly what you mean, but here is what I have in my
bacula-sd.conf:

Autochanger {
   Name = Exabyte
   Device = Drive-1
   Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
#  Changer Device = /dev/sg0
   Changer Device = /dev/sg1
}

Device {
   Name = Drive-1
   Drive Index = 0
   Media Type = VXA-2
   Archive Device = /dev/st0
   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
   Random Access = Yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   AlwaysOpen = yes;
   Autochanger = yes;
   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}

And this is what I have in my bacula-dir.conf:

# Definition of file storage device
Storage {
   Name = Exabyte
   Address = billie
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "IK5QXSO79ScoI+7qaEtMuJphyuOTg5/VZ8O+FV+M3acF"
   Device = Exabyte
   Media Type = VXA-2
}

So I think the answer to your questions is yes, unless the Autochanger
definition counts as another Device definition.

~maria