Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape

2008-05-29 13:49:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape
From: Maria McKinley <maria AT shadlen DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:49:07 -0700
> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:27:32 -0700
> From: Mark Nienberg <gmane AT tippingmar DOT com>
> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] doesn't register loaded tape
> To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
>
> Maria McKinley wrote:
>
>> So, the tape is in slot 9, bacula sees it in slot 9, loads slot 9, but
>> then thinks it hasn't loaded it. Bacula had successfully loaded and used
>> several tapes before this, the only unusual thing about this tape was
>> that bacula had moved it from the Scratch pool.
>
> This happens to me sometimes too, even when it is not a scratch tape.  If I
> use
> bconsole to do a umount, followed by a mount, the tape will be recognized on
> the
> second try and the backup will continue.
>
> Is this a VXA320 packetloader?  I've been tweaking the mtx-changer script to
> try to
> overcome some of the issues with it.  Be happy to share it with you.  You can
> search
> the archives for a few of my recent posts (search for Nienberg) about this
> issue and
> related issues.
>
> Mark Nienberg

I tried unmounting and mounting, releasing and mounting, both several
times. Finally, I restarted the bacula-sd daemon, which caused the job
to cancel with an error. Very strange. We will see what happens this
weekend. Between this and the problem with the storage daemon dying
haven't managed to do a full backup in a while. Incremental still going
fine. Hope things go ok this week...

I have an Exabyte VXA-2 tape changer. Not sure how different this is
from the 320.

thanks,
maria