Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Connecting to Director Failed

2008-05-19 01:24:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Connecting to Director Failed
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 07:27:21 +0200
Reynier Perez Mira wrote:
> Hi,
> I setup I have Bacula configured. Now when I try bconsole I get this error:
>
> Connecting to Director 10.128.50.155:9101
> 19-May 00:03 bconsole JobId 0: Fatal error: bsock.c:129 Unable to connect to
> Director daemon on 10.128.50.155:9101. ERR=Connection refused
>
> Wich make me think that director is not running. So I run this command:
>
> /etc/init.d/bacula-ctl-dir start
> Starting the Bacula Director daemon
>
> And try again with bconsole but nothing I still getting the same error. Any
> help?

ps aux | grep bacula should you show 3 process.
netstat should also show you 3 process.

Try the bacula-dir -t to see any error in your conf which should break the
starting.

Otherwise, documentation + manuals + searching bacula-users will allow you to
awnser 98% of your question.

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch