BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Bad md5sums due to zero size (uncompressed) cpool files - WEIRD BUG

2011-10-06 13:06:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Bad md5sums due to zero size (uncompressed) cpool files - WEIRD BUG
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:56:42 -0400
Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de> wrote on 10/06/2011 11:54:05 AM:

> If you have switched off compression,
> you'll have to add a '-u' (though I'm not sure this test makes much sense in
> that case).

Well, then, it won't make much sense in *my* case:  I missed that this is unique to compressed pools.  (Is it?)

Personally, I feel that compression has no place in backups.  Back when we were highly limited in capacity by terrible analog devices (i.e. tape!) I used it from necessity.  Now, I just throw bigger hard drives at it and am thankful.  :)

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com