BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy

2011-10-03 15:26:48
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:25:21 -0500
On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
wrote:

> 1.) Merging of pools. Actually quite easy.

I think everything I've done so far in terms of copying existing data
would have worked out if I could rsync -H individual pc trees and then
somehow relink to recreate the pool, hopefully as an operation that
could run concurrently with new backups.   Is there any way to do
that?  It's not ideal in terms of handling files duplicated across
machines, but it cuts the size of the runs down to something rsync is
likely to handle.   I've done this in some cases without the relink
step - and probably still have some things that aren't pooled across
those hosts.