BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy

2011-10-02 19:07:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Mike Dresser <mdresser_l AT windsormachine DOT com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 01:04:33 +0200
Hi,

Mike Dresser wrote on 2011-10-02 15:44:32 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly
large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy]:
> I'm currently running 3.1.0, so that probably answers why I'm seeing
> these.  Thought I was on 3.2 for some reason, I might try dpkg -i'ing in
> 3.2.1 from wheezy(testing) on a test system and see if it works on
> squeeze(stable).  Looks like it requires a newer libc than what's
> available in stable though.

no, BackupPC is implemented in Perl, so no libc dependency there (actually,
the wheezy package *does* introduce a libc6 dependency, ">= 2.0" seems to mean
you can't run it on Debian versions prior to hamm :-); I'm not sure why the
dependency is there). File::RsyncP is a different matter, but the version
hasn't changed from squeeze to wheezy (the Debian version suffix has been
incremented, but I'd guess that was just a rebuild for the new libc version).
You should be fine with the wheezy backuppc*.deb and the squeeze
libfile-rsyncp-perl*.deb.

> Anyways, i picked a file at random, and got
>
> -rw-r-----  1 backuppc backuppc   35 Sep 18 01:56 attrib
>
> so there's only one nlink.

This was on the *old* pool, right?

Does the XferLOG for the backup the attrib file is in have anything to say?
attrib files aren't mentioned in the XferLOG, but maybe errors are ...

I agree with Jeffrey, if there is a bug out there, I'd be interested in
hunting it down :). But first, we should try to make sure that the cause of
this attrib file strangeness is really within BackupPC.

Regards,
Holger