BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy

2011-10-02 20:03:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 20:01:55 -0400
Mike Dresser wrote at about 15:44:32 -0400 on Sunday, October 2, 2011:
 > On Sun, 2 Oct 2011, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
 >
 > > If you want to troubleshoot, I would do the following:
 >
 > I'm currently running 3.1.0, so that probably answers why I'm seeing
 > these.  Thought I was on 3.2 for some reason, I might try dpkg -i'ing in
 > 3.2.1 from wheezy(testing) on a test system and see if it works on
 > squeeze(stable).  Looks like it requires a newer libc than what's
 > available in stable though.
 >
 > Anyways, i picked a file at random, and got
 >
 > -rw-r-----  1 backuppc backuppc   35 Sep 18 01:56 attrib
 >
 > so there's only one nlink.

2 follow-ups would be helpful:
1. Is this true for the other non-top-level attrib files?
2. Are the other f-mangled files in the directory also only have a
   single link?
   This would happen if there is a problem in the linking stage. In
   fact, it's harder for me to understand how you would get unlinked
   attrib files while having the f-mangled data files linked properly.

Still, would be interesting for you to check both to make sure we know
the source of the problem and more importantly for you to make sure
you are not having a more general pool file linking issue...