BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy

2011-10-02 10:53:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fairly large backuppc pool (4TB) moved with backuppc_tarpccopy
From: Mike Dresser <mdresser_l AT windsormachine DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 10:51:14 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 2 Oct 2011, Holger Parplies wrote:

>> Out of curiosity, where are those errors (the attrib in pool ones)
>> coming from?

> your quote above does *not* reference a *top-level* attrib file (that would be
> "xx/116/attrib"), and, beyond that, you don't seem to have multiple shares,
> so it might well be a different problem.

I do have some that were top level, I just happened to pick the wrong
example apparently.

> Sure, why shouldn't it be? However, I would have recommended Jeffrey's script
> (or mine, though I'm not sure what state it is in) to cut down the duration by
> many hours.

Can you point me to those?  My method was to rsync the everything but the
pc dir, and then used backuppc_tarpccopy to create a tar file of the
hardlinks.. I probably could have saved a few days by directly extracting
it to the final dir, but rsync was still finishing up a few files.

> Neither do I. Please do sum up how long it finally takes.

The tar -P -xvpf took a bit under 3 days:

real    4002m18.324s
user    20m16.236s
sys     82m14.332s

Taking the system live right now, and I'll see if anything is broken.

Mike