BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to stop starting new backup jobs?

2010-11-10 11:35:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to stop starting new backup jobs?
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:32:49 +0000
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 16:16, Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 07:43, Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman AT ivitera DOT com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Luis Paulo napsal(a):

>>> Setting $Conf{BackupsDisable} = 2; for all clients won't do what you want?
>>>
>>> See
>>> http://your_server/backuppc/index.cgi?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_backupsdisable_
>>>
>>> With web gui select for each client -> Edit Config -> Schedule -> On
>>> blackouts set BackupsDisable to 2.
>>
>> Luis,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your help. Setting this option for all clients (i.e. in
>> the main config) is perfect, but is there a way to tell backuppc (while
>> running a backup job) to reload its configuration (re-read the config
>> files) so that next backup jobs already reflect the changed
>> configuration? In my experience I always had to restart backuppc.
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> Pavel.
>>

> You're probably right, but I'm not sure you need to reload/restart
> backuppc (mostly if you change clients .pl).
> Any way, I found this:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> net/msg19741.html
>
> I'm afraid it will be at your own risk.
> Regards
> Luis

I can't find any indication that backuppc restarts when you use Admin
Options - > Reload on the webgui.

The following code excerpt from
http://xdslnet.com/docs/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC may help (or not):

#
# Reload the server.  Used by Main_Process_Signal when $SigName eq "HUP"
# or when the command "server reload" is received.
#
sub ServerReload
{
    my($mesg) = @_;
    $mesg = $bpc->ConfigRead() || $mesg;
    print(LOG $bpc->timeStamp, "$mesg\n");
    $Info{ConfigModTime} = $bpc->ConfigMTime();
    %Conf = $bpc->Conf();
    umask($Conf{UmaskMode});
    ServerSocketInit();
    HostsUpdate(0);
    $NextWakeup = 0;
    $Info{ConfigLTime} = time;
}

#
# Initialize the unix-domain and internet-domain sockets that
# we listen to for client connections (from the CGI script and
# some of the BackupPC sub-programs).
#
sub ServerSocketInit
{
    if ( !defined(fileno(SERVER_UNIX)) ) {
        #
        # one-time only: initialize unix-domain socket
        #
        if ( !socket(SERVER_UNIX, PF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM, 0) ) {
            print(LOG $bpc->timeStamp, "unix socket() failed: $!\n");
            exit(1);
        }
        my $sockFile = "$LogDir/BackupPC.sock";
        unlink($sockFile);
        if ( !bind(SERVER_UNIX, sockaddr_un($sockFile)) ) {
            print(LOG $bpc->timeStamp, "unix bind() failed: $!\n");
            exit(1);
        }
        if ( !listen(SERVER_UNIX, SOMAXCONN) ) {
            print(LOG $bpc->timeStamp, "unix listen() failed: $!\n");
            exit(1);
        }
        vec($FDread, fileno(SERVER_UNIX), 1) = 1;
    }
    return if ( $ServerInetPort == $Conf{ServerPort} );
    if ( $ServerInetPort > 0 ) {
        vec($FDread, fileno(SERVER_INET), 1) = 0;
        close(SERVER_INET);
        $ServerInetPort = -1;
    }
    if ( $Conf{ServerPort} > 0 ) {
        #
        # Setup a socket to listen on $Conf{ServerPort}
        #
        my $proto = getprotobyname('tcp');
        if ( !socket(SERVER_INET, PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, $proto) ) {
            print(LOG $bpc->timeStamp, "inet socket() failed: $!\n");
            exit(1);
        }
        if ( !setsockopt(SERVER_INET, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, pack("l",1)) ) {
            print(LOG $bpc->timeStamp, "setsockopt() failed: $!\n");
            exit(1);
        }
        if ( !bind(SERVER_INET, sockaddr_in($Conf{ServerPort}, INADDR_ANY)) ) {
            print(LOG $bpc->timeStamp, "inet bind() failed: $!\n");
            exit(1);
        }
        if ( !listen(SERVER_INET, SOMAXCONN) ) {
            print(LOG $bpc->timeStamp, "inet listen() failed: $!\n");
            exit(1);
        }
        vec($FDread, fileno(SERVER_INET), 1) = 1;