BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to stop starting new backup jobs?

2010-11-10 02:46:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to stop starting new backup jobs?
From: Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman AT ivitera DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:43:15 +0100
Luis Paulo napsal(a):
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:19, Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman AT ivitera DOT com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to tell backuppc to finish the currently running backup
>> jobs and not to start new ones? We mirror backuppc partitions to
>> external drives via SW RAID and need to stop backuppc and umount the
>> filesystem to keep the data. I do not want to interrupt the long-running
>> backups but before they finish, backuppc starts new ones and the process
>> of backing-up to the external drives cannot be properly finished even
>> though the raid finished synchronization many ours/days ago.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for suggestions.
>>
>> Pavel.
>
> Setting $Conf{BackupsDisable} = 2; for all clients won't do what you want?
>
> See
> http://your_server/backuppc/index.cgi?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_backupsdisable_
>
> With web gui select for each client -> Edit Config -> Schedule -> On
> blackouts set BackupsDisable to 2.

Luis,

Thanks a lot for your help. Setting this option for all clients (i.e. in
the main config) is perfect, but is there a way to tell backuppc (while
running a backup job) to reload its configuration (re-read the config
files) so that next backup jobs already reflect the changed
configuration? In my experience I always had to restart backuppc.

Thanks a lot,

Pavel.