BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon

2010-04-23 07:03:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:00:54 +0200

The BPC project at our department started with a need to backup hi-performance
linux molecular modeling machines. They obviously need to be fast, hence the
i7-farm of about a dozen to twentyish of those. Over time, hanger-on machines
have sort of come meandering in to this backup-system and attached themselves,
including but not limited to the department main Windows file servers holding
the user homes and profiles folders and the odd SGI O2 running an intranet web
portal.

In fact the current dual-xeon BPC-server is a former calculation machine I
salvaged and spruced up a bit. ;-)

So far everything works fine, except for the web-GUI which takes forever to
load since my last reboot a few days ago. Dunno' if it's BPC or Apache being
flakey yet. Troubleshooting is ongoing. Maybe more RAM will solve this too.
Here's hoping...
--
/Sorin