BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon

2010-04-23 04:54:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:52:17 +0200

Sounds tedious. ;-)

Thanks for the info though!

>I'm assuming the only reason you get over 14MB/s is because of your processor
>as
>Rsync, from all of my observations, is limited by the processor.

At a quick glance that would be true, yes. But then there are the i7-machines
whose speeds are in the <=5MB/s-range, while an oldish Athlon XP/2000+ (the
only Athlon BTW) runs at just under 13MB/s for most of the time, well in
line - and mostly above - with what the Intel i7-speed demons can dope it out.
Go figure...
--
/Sorin