BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Full and Incrementals Backup question

2010-04-17 07:27:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Full and Incrementals Backup question
From: Luis Paulo <luis.barbas AT gmail DOT com>
To: innop AT voila DOT fr
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 07:12:19 +0100
Hi, Inno

Just to say that when I joked about incrementals, I meant incremental levels

Please read:
"Maybe incremental levels is just here to make people used to "classical" backups to feel comfortable. :)"
And it was a joke, at least kind of...

i thought incrementals have a place, they store less (the difference) and are faster than full.
I'm digesting Les answer... now I'm thinking if it is so and why.

They are faster because... (but they are)
levels 1,1,1,1 are slower than 1,2,3,4? Is faster the answer to why levels?

Regards
Luis

btw, I use incremental levels. Started using Hanoy Tower, now its plain 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9