BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs

2010-04-12 12:06:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs
From: Bruce <bruce AT sqls DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:04:29 -0500
Yeah, it may be a good idea for me to try a different version!  I'll do
that today.

Les Mikesell had been helping with the last guy maybe once he gets his
gmail account fixed he might have some ideas :)

The strace you show'd me looks about right.  You are connected via
sockets so it is slightly different.  But after the "connect" statement
there should be a "read(3,.." statement.  That's the line it hangs on
for me, on the serverMesg  command.  Mine has some extra "write" lines
because I added a few "print" statements to the code so it would print
out "p1, p2, p3" at different code points just so I could narrow things
down.