BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs

2010-04-12 09:26:48
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs
From: Bruce <bruce AT sqls DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 07:53:36 -0500
A Buffalo WZR-HP-G300HN is a Wireless Router/Access Point.

OpenWRT is a version of Linux you can install on many wireless routers.

This thread
http://www.backupcentral.com/phpBB2/two-way-mirrors-of-external-mailing-lists-3/backuppc-21/installation-problems-backuppc-servermesg-hangs-100151/#332323

has another person asking about the same problem I was actually
responding to that thread and it seems it's replicated into the mailing
list.

So, that's what I'm trying to get BackupPC working on.  Problem is I'm
not a very good perl programmer.  I can see that there must be a problem
with how it's adding up the file handlers into a single variable and
passing that into the select command to watch.  It seems that the
backuppc service never actually gets the requests from clients because
it doesn't hear them.  Probably because whatever number is being passed
to the select command is wrong.  I think that could be caused by
big/little endian differences but I haven't really a clue on how to fix
them.   There were a few people working on this issue when it was last
posted and I thought maybe they might some new ideas especially
considering some of this info wasn't present last time around.