BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working

2010-02-14 04:01:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 08:59:56 +0000
Chris,

What happened when you ran the commands I sent?  Do you have output?  It
sounds like something caused dpkg to stop during a configuration step, which
might be resolved with:

apt-get -f install
apt-get dist-upgrade

I'll try to test a karmic install later.

I can say certainly that backuppc works just fine on Ubuntu hardy (the last LTS
release), either with the stock packages or the ones from my repository.

Regards,
Tyler

On Sunday 14 February 2010 01:49:47 bigonroad wrote:
> I don't really know what to do now. After a day on it, I still haven't got
>  backuppc running on Ubuntu 9.10 server.
>
> Should I try a different variant, or can you advise me what to do? I am
>  doing a fresh install, and will start from the beginning again.
>
> I will install everything apache, samba, samba-common-bin, and everything
>  else before backuppc. However, if that doesn't work, I am out of ideas!
>
> Bless,
> Chris

> |This was sent by bigonroad AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist
the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
   -- H. L. Mencken