BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working

2010-02-20 14:24:07
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working
From: bigonroad <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 14:21:19 -0500
I now have BackupPC up and running on ubuntu 9.10. Thanks for your help guys!

I have a couple more issues. These relate to the fact that I am trying to use
backuppc to backup files, but also to provide a central up to date store of
network accessible files, so, for example, media files can be viewed over the
network, rather than downloaded through the web interface.

Thus I have the following problems:

1. Access the files through the network
I want to have /var/lib/backuppc as a browsable folder through the network. I
have managed to change permissions on the folders so they are browseable, but i
need to set the file permissions so i can open the files. How do I do this, and
set it so that all future backup files are given accessible permissions?

2. A single store of files
I want one folder with all the incremental backups being copied into it, so to
see the most up to date version of a file, I just browse to it in nautilus, or
through shared folders from another pc on the network.

At the moment, I have a 0 and a 1 folder, and I am sure I will end up with
loads more. I just want a single folder, no matter how many times the backup is
made.

3. Change the Naming Convention
Also is there a way to change the naming convention so the folders are given
the normal names (so Documents rather than fDocuments)?

Awesome, really appreciate the help guys!
Bless,
Chris ("http://allaboutchris.co.uk)

[/b]