BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not cleaning out cpool.

2010-02-14 08:59:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not cleaning out cpool.
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:57:25 +0100
Joseph Holland wrote:

> # du -xsmh /var/data/backuppc/
> 544G    /var/data/backuppc/
>

> Joe.
>
> On 11/02/2010 22:45, Matthias Meyer wrote:
>> Joseph Holland wrote:
>>

>>> We are having a problem with many of our BackupPC servers in our company
>>> at the moment.  We are running Debian Lenny and BackupPC 3.1.0.  The
>>> data volumes since we upgraded to this version have seemed to just be
>>> filling up at a constant rate.
>>>
>>> The web interface is saying that the pool is 136.98GB but when you do a
>>> "du -smh" on the topdir "/var/data/backuppc" it returns 543GB used.
>>>
>> Try du -xsmh
>>
>> br
>> Matthias

strangely, indeed.
du delivers a roughly estimation, not an exact value. But we are speaking
about 140GB vs 540GB.

1) "du" and GUI use the same directory? I have /var/lib/backuppc and
not /var/data/backuppc.

2) There are no extra files from you on your /var/data/backuppc? I don't
know how the GUI calculates the usage of space.

Sorry
Matthias
--
Don't Panic