BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working

2010-02-13 15:22:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:20:38 +0000
Hi Chris,

It sounds like BackupPC does more than you need, but it is still the best
solution I can recommend.  I'm an Ubuntu admin, so ...

On Saturday 13 February 2010 17:51:48 bigonroad wrote:
> I get the message:
> &nbsp;* Starting backuppc...
> 20101 $Conf&#123;NmbLookupPath&#125; = '/user/bin/nmblookup' is not a valid
>  executable program. invoke-rc.d&#58; initscript backuppc, action "start"
>  failed.
> dpkg&#58; error processing backuppc &#40;--configure&#41;&#58;
> &nbsp;subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
>  status 1 Errors were encountered while processing&#58;
> &nbsp;backuppc
> E&#58; Sub-process /usr/bin/dpg returned an error code &#40;1&#41;

It looks like there is an error in the backuppc package you have.
"/user/bin/nmblookup" should be in "/usr/bin/", not "/user/bin".

If that's just a mistake in your copy/paste, my next guess is missing
dependency.  BackupPC should have a correct list of required packages, but
some are marked as optional.  There is no harm in installing them manually,
and then forcing apt to install anything else it is missing in order to
complete the BackupPC install.

apt-get install smbclient libfile-rsyncp-perl rrdtool par2
apt-get -f install

Which ubuntu server release are you running?  If hardy, you may want to use my
updated packages:

http://www.tolaris.com/apt-repository/

Regards,
Tyler