BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working

2010-02-13 13:25:37
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working
From: bigonroad <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:51:48 -0500
Hey guys. Would really appreciate some help here. My situation is: I have built
a home file server/backup machine. Its an Atom dual processor, with 2gb of ram,
and a 1.5tb hard disk.

My needs are:
Ability to do automated backups of laptops and pcs in the house to the server.
Ability to do on demand (as in log into web interface or something and say
"backup now") backups
Ability to access backed up files on server: so files stored as network
accessible files, rather than one massive encrypted blob.
Ability to stream media files off the pc.
Ability to access files through ftp, when away from the LAN

That's pretty much it. I don't need multiple full backups of each machine, just
one current one.

I've got ubuntu server installed, and ive installed backuppc, but it still isnt
working. I'm getting some of the following messages, when I try to load
backuppc:

I get the message:
&nbsp;* Starting backuppc...
20101 $Conf&#123;NmbLookupPath&#125; = '/user/bin/nmblookup' is not a valid
executable program.
invoke-rc.d&#58; initscript backuppc, action "start" failed.
dpkg&#58; error processing backuppc &#40;--configure&#41;&#58;
&nbsp;subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing&#58;
&nbsp;backuppc
E&#58; Sub-process /usr/bin/dpg returned an error code &#40;1&#41;

Any ideas?

Bless,
Chris Lowry ("http://allaboutchris.co.uk)