BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working

2010-02-20 15:01:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trying to get backuppc working
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:59:57 +0000
On Saturday 20 February 2010 19:21:19 bigonroad wrote:
> I now have BackupPC up and running on ubuntu 9.10. Thanks for your help
>  guys!
>
> I have a couple more issues. These relate to the fact that I am trying to
>  use backuppc to backup files, but also to provide a central up to date
>  store of network accessible files, so, for example, media files can be
>  viewed over the network, rather than downloaded through the web interface.

No.  Stop.  It's not going to work.

The best thing I could recommend would be to automate a restore nightly, using
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_restore, to restore to a directory on the
server that you can then browse.  Your script that does this could then set
whatever permissions you need.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"I have had it with the airport security checks. They make us remove more
and more clothing, while letting us take less and less on board. Soon