BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backing up Macs

2009-12-23 14:41:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backing up Macs
From: Ski Kacoroski <kacoroski AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:39:35 -0800
Chris,

It works great for macs.  I backup over 1500 workstations (about 8TB of
data total) to 10 backuppc servers and get about a 50% reduction in
data.  The one trick is to use xtar on the macs to be sure you get the
resource forks.

cheers,

ski

On 12/23/2009 10:54 AM, Chris Baker wrote:
> How well does BackupPC do with backing up Macs? All of the Macs are OS
> 10 or higher, which is just a variant of BSD. Has anyone done this?
> We just bought a small company in another office that could use a
> BackupPC there. They have some Macs.
>
> Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
> systems administrator
> INTERA -- 512-425-2006

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
  connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, kacoroski AT gmail DOT com, 206-501-9803
or ski98033 on most IM services