BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How big is your backup?

2009-12-23 14:27:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How big is your backup?
From: "Brian Butler" <bbutler AT arc-products DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:29:49 -0800
I've been using BackupPC for about three years at my work.

I currently backup 35 client PCs, all are Windows 2K or XP, with 2 running Vista.  I'm also backing up one Windows 2003 Server.

I have a 750GB hard drive for the backups.  Here is my summary:

  • Pool is 409.40GB comprising 1778103 files and 4369 directories (as of 12/23 02:24),
  • Pool hashing gives 2440 repeated files with longest chain 125,
  • Nightly cleanup removed 4334 files of size 3.65GB (around 12/23 02:24),
  • Pool file system was recently at 62% (12/23 10:21), today's max is 63% (12/23 01:00) and yesterday's max was 63%.
    I keep about 12 months of backups on my server and about a month and a half on the client PCs.  I love the software and it has saved my life and data more than once.

    If you have any questions, please contact me.

    Regards,

    Brian Butler
    Automation Manager
    Arc Products